Saturday, April 01, 2006

the mind

is a strange thing. And currently I don't quite understand mine. It's all over the place, everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Tiny snippets of everything, but memories of nothing. A backlash perhaps from doing too much of too many. Where I used to be able to multi-task, and quite comfortably so, I'm now just distracted. So the solution is to mono-task desperately - and reluctantly.

There aren't enough hours in a day, or days in a week.

Went for a wedding in the morning. Came home, went into my room, lay flat on my back in the aircon, stared at the ceiling, and realised I'm really very contented single. At this point in my life, I can't think of anything better than to belong to God and God alone. (No, I don't think I'm going to become a nun.) Sure it's nice to have someone there and all - but it's just not a neccessity right now. Or a longing, even. Today, and perhaps tomorrow, I'm contented to just be.

Although it would be nice if just being entailed going for a long walk by the beach, or just chilling with friends. Since that's currently a stress-causing issue though, I'll just be in my study.

Update: You know it's just not your day when your parents succeed in pulling an April Fool's joke on you.

No comments: