Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Books Warehouse Sale

at the expo is by far THE best books sale I've been too. I'm now the thrilled and slightly high new owner of:

1. Kafka on the shore, by Haruki Murakami ($5)
2. The Scar, by China Mieville
3. Touching Earth, by Rani Manicka
4. The House of Mirth, by Edith Wharton (3 for $10)
5. Life of Pi, by Yann Martel ($5)
6. The Dream of Scipio, by Iain Pears ($5)
7. Getting Mother's Body, by Suzan-Lori Parks ($5)
8. The Last Samurai, by Helen DeWitt ($4)
9.The House of Blue Mangoes, by David Davidar ($5)
10. The Rice Mother, by Rani Manicka ($6)

which is, if you aren't a mathmo with instant calculation abilities, 10 books for $45. I am over the moon. This is better than my discovery of Tequila Sunrises. The place ITSELF (Expo Hall 4b) is heaven on earth. I was given half an hour, and couldn't get through more than 4 of the many many barrows of books. My dad's face when he came back to get me and saw the books I had was priceless :D Now I just need to convince him to let me ship them all up with me...

And finish reading Richard II. And Henry IV. And The Tempest. And Antony and Cleopatra. Perhaps it'd be a better idea if I put the new books away for a while. Sigh.





Whoop :p

No comments: